Saturday, July 26, 2014

365 Days of Tea - Day 35: Infusion Friday 4 - Jasmine Dragon Pearls + Citrus Kiss.


So I reached out to Xing tea, and not only are they sending me tea to review, but also a tshirt. Which is totally awesome in my book. I'm also getting a graze box which is a healthy box of snacks. You can get a box free here. Click on it, you know you want to.

I decided to mix a loose leaf and a tea bag this time. I want to see what the outcome would be, if it were unique in any way. I'm mixing Jasmine Dragon Pearls, which you can see in the bottom half, and Citrus Kiss in the top half. I'm hoping that it adds some green tea flavor, since citrus kiss doesn't contain a lot of it to being with.

It carries a very similar aroma as the citrus kiss, but with some jasmine. The jasmine itself, is very subtle, sorta like it barely brushes against your nose. There isn't much else to say that hasn't already been said at this point. Its very citrusy, lemon, oranges, all of it kind of tickles your nose.

Its very citrusy flavor. You can taste the lemon grass, and the added sweetness from the stevia. The jasmine is there, but not very strong. Its the last taste on your palate. Sadly though, it didn't add anymore green tea flavor, but I think its pretty good anyways. I think that it could have been better if I just used regular green tea,  but sadly, I don't have any!

I think its a decent infusion but its not something I'd do again. I feel like its a waste of the jasmine, basically because it gets so muddled. The citrus kiss is just a very strong tea, as opposed to the not so strong jasmine, so it was easily over powered. (TEA WARS!)


Citrus Kiss can be found here & Jasmine Dragon Pearls can be found here.




If you enjoyed my post; please consider donating! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment