Wednesday, July 16, 2014

365 Days of Tea - Day 26: Harney & Sons Organic Black Tea.


I'm still expecting a few more packages in the mail. I actually contacted Harney & Sons, they asked me a simple question, then ignored my answer. Apparently they don't care very much for customer service.


I found this in the clearance at Shaws. I figured I would give it a try, since they refused to communicate. It was $1.99 marked down to $1.00. Couldn't hurt to try it at that price. Usually though, I'm finding pre-made teas like this to be way too sweet for me. I prefer my tea nearly raw and if not a little bit of sugar. Only one company so far makes a perfect pre-bottled ice tea, but I'l review that at a later date.

Smell - It doesn't carry much of a smell. Its sorta lemony with a hint of black tea, and honey. I know that it isn't lemon flavored, but I'm probably smelling something from how it was processed. I wouldn't suspect to taste much else but sugar and tea flavor, assuming it follows similar trends as other tea.

Taste - The taste isn't very strong, its actually a lot lighter than I expected. Its not very sugary either, which is surprising. It does has some room for improvement, though; the tea favor itself is very weak. Although it IS an ice tea, I still like it to be much stronger. I like to taste the leaves, and history of the generations of people who've cultivated the tea. This is really lacking that depth.

Overall - Its not a bad tea, it is still rather refreshing. I just feel like it could be better. They could brew it longer, or with more leaves. I might be a bit bias because I prefer my teas strong, and without sugar. It isn't overly sweet, actually it doesn't taste like it contains any sugar, but the overall flavor has much to be desired.



Can be found @ 



If you liked reading this blog, please consider donating!


No comments:

Post a Comment