Sunday, July 20, 2014

365 Days of Tea - Day 29: Steeped Tea's Peaches & Cream.

So I recently got some samples from something called Steeped Tea. Which works similarly to how an avon works. Sorta like you can't directly buy from the company but you can buy from direct sellers. (I'm assuming they make some sort of percentage.) My US contact is Beth Ann Wilson and my Canadian contact is Christina Jean Pierre. Christina is actually the one who reached out to me and got me in contact with Beth who then sent me the tea samples. There is some export/import laws that we didn't want to mess around with.


The package also came with a catalog but I didn't feel that it was important to get an image of it. She also wrote me a cute letter introducing me to herself, the company and a little bit about tea brewing. She recommends that I brew it in one of the "tea sacs" she also sent me. I can however, brew it without, but for these teas I will DO AS DIRECTED.


These are the four teas she sent me, which are as follows:

  • Peaches & Cream (A white tea).
  • Earl Grey de la Creme.
  • Organic Strawberry Fields (A green tea).
  • Nettle Green Mountain.

This is the Peaches & Cream.



According to the ingredients list it contains the following:

Pai mu tan white tea, mango pieces, papaya pieces, pineapple pieces, lily blossom, natural flavors.

You can see a lot of that in the image, a papaya pieces is very visible. What kind of bothers me though, is that it does not actual contain peaches. Pai Mu Tan white tea is a white tea from China, and made from shoots and young leaves. So the tea part should be rather good at the very least.


It smells very peachy. Actually it smells exactly like you think anything peaches and cream would smell. Like those little candy peach rings you used to get as a kid. Although, the scent is decent, it feels very artificial.

 It tastes like a pretty decent white tea. That being said I feel like a lot of the other flavors might be a bit lost here. Although the peach scent makes it almost seem like there is a peach flavor as well, but this isn't true. To me, its a bit strange, it contains a lot of generally strong fruits, but none of them really shine. Sure there are some fruity under tones, but they are rather muted.

Now I don't feel like this is in anyway a bad tea, I just feel like, with all that's going on, it should have a better flavor profile to offer. What DOES bother me though, is "natural flavor". Natural flavor, is somewhat tricky, because all it really means is that the flavor came from a plant or animal. (According to the FDA.) That being said, I have no idea what's really going into my body. I smell peaches, but there isn't any peaches listed, and that bothers me.





If you enjoyed my post; please consider donating! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment