Wednesday, July 16, 2014

365 Days of Tea - Day 25: Stash's Lemon Ginger Green Tea and Unboxing.


So today was exciting, I got my box from Stash Tea!


It came in a huge box, so I was expecting a massive amount of tea.


The huge box tricked me, and a much smaller box was packaged inside. Hehe, oh well.


Neatly packed on top is a little information about some seasonal teas, etc.


Under that is a colorful teaplosion!


Quite a lot of loot in there, it was like a tea treasure box.

Here is the list:

  • These neat little Nektar Honey Crystals. (x2).
  • Maple Apple Cider (Herbal Tea).
  • Salted Caramel Mate Herbal & Black Tea.
  • White Chocolate Mocha Black Tea.
  • Spice Dragon Red Chai (Herbal Tea).
  • Mangosteen Green Tea.
  • Christmas In Paris (Herbal Tea).
  • Organic Very Berry Herbal Tea.
  • Guayusa and Chai Tea.
  • Pure Guayusa.
  • Lemon Ginger Iced Green Tea Powder.
What an awesome amount of tea to try! I can't wait to go through them. Although a lot of them ARE in tea bags, and I know that in the tea community they are not considered nearly as good as loose leaf, but I still give everything a fair share. I want to experience as many types of teas in my life-time as possible.



Today I decided to review Lemon Ginger Iced Green Tea from Stash. Its interesting because its a powder you just put into a cup, and it magically turns into tea.


In the magical flavoring goes!


And after a quick shake, it was green. I think its made by Green Tea Wizards. Now for the big test.

Smell - It smells like a stronger wet-nap. I know that sounds a bit weird, but thats the best way I could describe it. Very strong lemony scent, no other smell comes through. I suspect it might even taste more like lemonade then tea.

Taste - Honestly I think the tea is very lost here, but I didn't expect very much from a produce like this. It tastes very processed, and it is. It taste like a wet-nap smells. Very weak lemon flavoring, with a strong lemon scent. The ginger and green tea are completely missing from the flavor profile.

Overall - I have had good experiences with Stash Tea in the past, so this isn't a first impression, AND I personally wouldn't accept an extremely processed product as a first impression either. This product is meant to be on-the-go, and I can see some people liking it as well. It's marketed as a tea, but its not very tea-like.


Can be found @ 

If you enjoy my reviews and unboxings, please consider donating!




No comments:

Post a Comment