Wednesday, July 23, 2014

365 Days of Tea - Day 32: Celestial Seasonings's Sleepytime® Herbal Tea K-Cup.




Blog spot, yet again failed, and wouldn't let me post at all. Good Earth gave me a tracking number, and it should be here Thursday! So thats good! (This might be kind of short because I have to rewrite it because I'm derp)





(Yep, its a stock image, sorry I messed up here bad.)




Its a herbal mix, containing; Chamomile flowers, spearmint leaves, lemon grass, tilia flowers, blackberry leaves, orange blossoms, hawthorn berries, and rosebuds. It kind of surprised me that it didn't contain any flavorings, or extracts. 







It smells very herbally, and fresh. Which isn't what I'd typically suspect from something that might appear to be really processed like similar k-cup products. The scent mostly comes from the mint, with a very faint chamomile under tone that lightly tickles your nose.

Its mostly a spearmint taste which is to be expected. At least from my experience most things with tea in the carry that as a base flavor, whether they meant to or not. It isn't bad though. The chamomile does come through, but it isn't very strong. It does add a second layer of depth though. The other flavors are kind of muted by the mint however.

Now I an't find any actual details on what size you're suppose to brew at with the k-cups, but I tried all 3 that my machine produces, and  I would only recommend the smallest one your machine can handle. Anything larger than that, and it gets watered out. Its a pretty decent overall tea, especially since its from a k-cup.



Can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment