Monday, June 30, 2014

365 Days of Tea - Special Unboxing - The Tea Spot.

I woke up briefly to a text this morning, and I opened chrome on my phone. I noticed I still had the tracking page open for my package, so I decided to refresh and see if there is any changes.  It was in Maine! I was definitely getting the package today. Although it was suppose to be here Saturday. Stupid dumb postal service.  Anyway, couple hours later my roommate texted me and told me my package was here. So exciting!

Handcrafted from rare imported Chinese trees, this artisan box is created with such delicate and precise skill. You can tell just by it's looks alone; this wasn't a regular box, it was a box filled with a tea-seer's soul. It's soul radiates a package-like energy, it was warm to the touch, but not the warmth of the sun, the warmth of a loving mother.

  I had to paint my entire room black. The overwhelming light exploding from the box made it impossible to capture a photograph without blowing up the sensor. This photograph is actually taken with the lense cap-on, and through 6 feet of cinder block. My palms were sweaty, a new world was awaiting me, my life was about to change - forever.

Strange white object. Felt light, but thick. Contained strange cryptic letters. Perhaps a ancient language created by the tea gods. "Corey" it says, I have no clue what that is about.  I brutally ripped it's flesh open to discover it's innards.

Cryptic sheets containing various letters in the ancient language. One of them even appears to be sticky on one end. How strange. Tastes kind of weird, too. I guess this isn't food.

Life-packages. These contain, rare, heavenly plants to which one brews tea. The cryptic language is starting to make a bit of sense to me now;

  • Bolder Breakfast; Black tea, pu'erh & chocolate.
  • Ginger tea.
  • Black Pu'erh.
  • Matcha Green Tea.
  • Climber's High. "High-enegry blend of yerba mates, teas, herbs, and flavors."
  • Coconut Cabana. Taiwanese mily oolong & fresh coconut.


I know that typical unboxings are pretty dull, and uninteresting, so I had to do this in my own taste. Keep in mind that I meant to disrespect, and I hope I didn't offend anyone. Hopefully you had fun and enjoyed it. I'm excited to try all of these, and I can't wait to see where this journey is leading me.

Special thanks to The Tea Spot for sending these to me for my journey.

Edit;

Wilma also likes TheTeaSpot.

No comments:

Post a Comment