Sunday, November 16, 2014

365 Days of Tea - Day 45: Simple Loose Leaf's Seven Seas Herbal.


Simple Loose Leaf is a monthly tea box subscription. Its $15/month but not only do you get 4-6 samples of various high quality teas, your ID can be used to buy more tea at half the price. I honestly think that's a pretty good deal. That is, if their products are actually good.


Pretty standard packaging. They are resealable, too. My only concern  is that they appear to be a little stiff, and I worry that they might break up the leaves a bit more than they should be. Generally I think that it's fine though.


It comes with these reusable muslin tea bags, which is pretty cool. I like the feel of them, but I'll admit that I haven't used them yet. I will use them in the future, I'm curious if it effects the tea's flavor.


It looks quite pretty. Bits of tea leaves, cinnamon chips, ginseng root, peppermint leaves, echinacea, sarsparilla root, and licorice root. This is called "Sevens Seas Herbal."



It carries mild peppermint aroma, but it is not alone. It has some sort of secret root-ness that lingers just for a moment, then quickly disappears. Its actually pretty interesting, its less of an aroma and more of an aromatic sensation.

This is where things get even more interesting. As the tea goes on to your pallet, it tastes pretty mild, pepperminty, with hints of rooibus tea. It isn't done yet though. There is a surprising sweetness, not quite licoricey, and not quite mentholy. It kind of lingers on the roof of your mouth as you swallow. It's definitely a flavor experience.

I really enjoyed Simple Loose Leaf's Seven Seas Herbal, and I can't wait to try the other few I have. I wish they would get different packaging, but the company is fairly new as well, so things will improve over time. Andrew Flocks, the person I am in contact with about the company, is a pretty nice guy, too, and that really says something. Not all my experiences with customer services were as easy as it was with him.



If you use "LFT50" while ordering your first box, you'll get an awesome discount.

Can be found @



2 comments:

  1. Hey nice post. I had started drinking Winter Tea.

    https://www.chinesemedicineliving.com/blog/winter-tea-an-add-on-to-the-festive-season/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey nice post. I had started drinking Winter Tea.

    https://www.chinesemedicineliving.com/blog/winter-tea-an-add-on-to-the-festive-season/

    ReplyDelete